Who Are We?
We are a city family with jobs. Our kids go to public schools and we juggle soccer, basketball, and football practices weekly. We volunteer in our community. We try to be healthy. We try to keep our kids from killing each other. We also love to have adventures, meet new people and share what we’ve discovered.
Before motherhood, Rina Baraz Nehdar was an award-winning journalist for both television and radio. She started writing for print publications in between her baby’s naps and neglected chores. Since then, several outlets have repeatedly published her work and she is a frequent, happy contributor to Wherever Family, Global Traveler Magazine and L.A. Parent Magazine, specializing in Family Travel. She started this website to keep sharing the stories, videos and photos of places that have a large tale to tell with advice on how to recreate the adventures with your own family.
Rina has brought on the writers below to expand the reach of the experiences that we can share with other real families who may not be ready to sell it all and quit it all to travel, who just want a great vacation with their kids or girlfriends or husbands.
We are excited to work with family friendly destinations and are open to reviewing gear that would make a family’s life easier.
SCROLL DOWN FOR ARTICLES PUBLISHED ELSEWHERE
Charlene Ross is a Los Angeles mom, die-hard concert-going music lover, freelance writer, and author of the chick lit novel, FROSTED COWBOY.
Andrea Michal is author of newly published, Encounter the Light. She is a public speaker, a certified life coach and has a degree in communications from UCLA. She is former owner and operator of New Moon Wellness in Agoura Hills, California. Last year, when Andrea turned 55 years old, she made a promise to herself to dance in 55 countries, even if it takes her 55 more years of her life.
Samantha is a contributing writer for TravelAge West and Family Getaways magazines. She was born and raised in Southern California and spent 10 years working in television production after graduating from UCLA. As the mother of two teenagers, Samantha has a particular affinity for writing about family travel and theme parks. But, as a foodie, she also loves writing about her many food-related travel adventures. Samantha enjoys photography and is forever thankful for the great photo ops her travels provide.
- Affordable Family Time in Sayulita – Wherever Family
- Caribbean Cruising – Global Traveler Magazine
- Take the Family to Lake Arrowhead – Wherever Family
- Traveling with Purpose – Wherever Family
- Miami with Kids – Wherever Family
- Three Perfect Days in Vail with Mixed-Age Kids – Wherever Family
- Natural Remedies for Jet Lag – Wherever Family
- Extreme Family Vacations – Wherever Family
- Hotel Confidential – Wherever Family
- Multigenerational Fun on Carnival – Wherever Family
- Hit the Links with Family in Baja California Sur – Wherever Family
- Ventura Beach with Kids – GoNomad
- Escape to Santa Barbara for Romance – Wherever Family
- Family Beaches Off the Beaten Path – Wherever Family
- Cruise Ship Terminal Revamp – Wherever Family
- Hawaiian Aloha at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa – Go World Travel
- Family Travel: Magical Mahekal in Playa Del Carmen – L.A. Parent Magazine
- Wrightwood Ziplining and Our Leap of Love – L.A. Parent Magazine
- LA Moms Who Blog – L.A. Parent Magazine
- A Plunge Into Culture At Disney’s Aulani Hotel – L.A. Parent Magazine
- High Marks for LVUSD School – Acorn
- Tips for Fall Camping – L.A. Parent Magazine
- Two Moms, Four Boys, and an RV – Outdoor Families Online
- Secret Dates: Dating Your Husband – L.A. Parent Magazine
- An Untypical Girl’s Weekend at Bhakti Fest – Yogi Times
- Mariposa School Moves the World – Acorn
- The Great Wolf Lodge Gets Buried By Snow – L.A. Parent Magazine
- Celebrating Some Worthy Kids – L.A. Parent Magazine
- Finding Your Alternate Universe – Acorn
- Giving Kids a Strong Hold on Fitness – L.A. Parent Magazine
- Parenting: Foster Care and Finding Forever Homes – L.A. Parent Magazine
- Alien Nation: Is Anybody Out There? – Acorn
- Outdoor Fun at KOA Ventura Ranch – L.A. Parent Magazine
- Great Wolf Lodge: A Den Away From Home – L.A. Parent Magazine
- Spoken Word Show Gives Moms A Voice – L.A. Parent Magazine
- A Gift of Peace for Mother’s Day – L.A. Parent Magazine
- Helping Your ‘Average’ Student Thrive – L.A. Parent Magazine
- Local Teacher Tunes Into History – L.A. Parent Magazine
- Parenting: A Course In Stepmothering – L.A. Parent Magazine
- Private School Vibes – L.A. Parent Magazine
- Lending a Hand – L.A. Parent Magazine
- Julius Jr. More Fun Than a Barrel of Monkeys – L.A. Parent Magazine
- Miracle Project – L.A. Parent Magazine
- Growing Up Jewish In A Christian World – Acorn
- Seniors Receive Special Visit – Acorn